Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ella's IEP meeting

She didn't qualify for services. I have some thoughts on this, since she has diagnoses of:

Aspergers
Developmental Dyspraxia
Auditory Processing Disorder
Sensory Processing Disorder
Sensory Modulation Dysfunction

But.. they don't see it. I can't make them see what she doesn't show them.

I would agree that she masks her anxiety and her lack of understanding about many things at school very well.

I also think she has some processing issues that they don't see, I was truly expecting at least one learning disability diagnosis.

I need some sleep and maybe some more thinking about this before I write more. But I wanted to update and hear any thoughts you might have.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

There are laws to protect you - they can't deny her services if she has a diagnosis. Read up on the law - then fight for your daughter! Bring a lawyer if you have to!

Becki
http://beckiyagh.com

Anonymous said...

You need to go to www.wrightslaw.com. She is entitled to all kinds of services, speech, OT, etc.

Post a Comment

Quotes

Party 2nite! Come to @TrueFemme 's #TrickorTweet Party & don't forget to visit her stop on the scavenger hunt! http://bit.ly/ZJ0ms
 

Pursuing Harmony | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates