Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why Am I Here?

On this blog, writing, I mean.

Why I Write - Writing!
I started my blog last spring right after Ella got diagnosed with Aspergers as a way to process and vent, and to seek counsel from other moms of children with Aspergers.  As time went on, I also discovered that blogging regularly was also helpful as a writing exercise.  I have never really had aspirations of being a writer, but it is something I was always good at in school.  It certainly keeps my mind from turning to mush with the endless stream of chatter from four young children!

I have several mindblowingly creative daughters who have given me great children's stories.  In fact, Annelise, my four year old, dictated a storybook to me as we drove on an errand one night.  An entire story.  I just have to find someone to illustrate it!  My oldest has an amazing idea for a children's novel, one I would be interested in reading, and I know that she and  I do not have the raw talent or the skill to craft a good book.  I know that daily/several times a week writing will help me practice, and that learning more about the process of publishing will help me get a correct vision of how to proceed.


















photo courtesy of http://it.coe.uga.edu

Why I write - Connecting!
One of the things I have tried to learn about during the blog conferences I attend is the heart of writing.  I still don't know a whole lot about the mechanics, but being almost totally right brained, why be concerned about mechanics when I can pay an editor for that someday?  Just kidding.  Right now, I am writing for pleasure.  To express my heart, and to connect with you.  I told you in my last blog post that I thrive on connecting.

I am so grateful to those of you who have found and read my blog.  My little tiny speck of a blog in this great big blogworld.  I am going to try to make it more worth your while to stop by.  I write best from my heart, stream of consciousness, and not written, re-written, polished, spellchecked, reviewed and re-reviewed before posting.  Not that there's anything wrong with that (*cough* Jana *cough*) it's just not what I have ever done.  In high school and college, I was the worlds worst procrastinator and my first draft was my only draft.  Some things never change.

How do you want to connect?
Speaking to the desire to want to connect more with you and get to know you better, I have set up a facebook fan page.  I would love for you to friend request me if you haven't already.  And if you have a facebook fan page or a networkedblog page, please let me know!  I have most of you with blogs on my google reader, but some don't show that they have blogs, and I know I am not great at keeping up with reading and commenting.  I am also trying to figure out how to install disqus comments on my blog so I can more easily comment back.  I am not making loads of effort to turn my blog into this big "thing", it is an outlet for me, and a way to express creativity and to converse with other people I might not otherwise meet.  I can't imagine having ads and sponsors and things like that.  I'm working over at SpecialMomTalk with that, though!

(I hope I made the link right for the facebook page.  You can search for Pursuing Harmony fan and find it that way.  I may be a geek wife, but I'm not to be counted upon for my personal tech-savvy-ness.)

So tell me why you're here!  On your blog, I mean :)

1 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

Keeping up really is the hardest part!! Thank goodness for Twitter! :)

Post a Comment

Quotes

Party 2nite! Come to @TrueFemme 's #TrickorTweet Party & don't forget to visit her stop on the scavenger hunt! http://bit.ly/ZJ0ms
 

Pursuing Harmony | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates